ModSecurity is server software for Apache that comes bundled with cPanel. ModSecurity helps protect your site from brute force attacks and, by default, automatically runs on all new accounts. ModSecurity should usually remain on.
Disable ModSecurity for Individual Domains
- Log into cPanel.
- Choose ModSecurity listed under Security.
- Select the domain you are working with and switch ModSecurity from On to Off.
- Wait for the pop-up telling you that ModSecurity has been disabled.
- Troubleshoot the issue that you are having.
- Return and reactivate ModSecurity immediately after solving the issue you are experiencing. If you stop troubleshooting and need to wait before continuing, be sure to reactivate ModSecurity.