Using Softaculous automatic app installer you can install WordPress in a few clicks.
Below you can find step-by-step guidelines covering the process:
1. Log into your cPanel. 2. Now look for Softaculous icon in the control panel as shown in the screenshot below. Click on the Softaculous icon which will take you to the Softaculous enduser panel.
3.Once you are on the Softaculous enduser panel, you will need to search for WordPress as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Now click on the tab Install and then…
Fill the installation form
After clicking on the Install button, you need to fill in the form displayed as shown in the screenshot below. The form asks lots of details (which are prefilled by default), you can change it if you need or leave it as it is and proceed with the installation with default values.
Choose Installation URL : Choose the domain and the folder where you want to install WordPress.
Note : If you want to install WordPress in document root i.e. example.com and NOT in a sub directory i.e. example.com/wp then leave the In Directory field as blank.
Admin Username : Choose the username to be used for WordPress admin account
Admin Password : Choose the password to be used for WordPress admin account
Admin Email : Choose the email to be used for WordPress admin account
Select Language: Select the language in which you want to install WordPress
Fill in the install form
After filling the form click on the Install button to start the installation process.
Sit back and relax, let Softaculous handle the installation process for you.
Access WordPress admin panel
You can then access the WordPress admin panel and/or WordPress site.
This post will show you how to update an existing.htaccess file in cPanel. The configuration file for an Apache web server, known as a “.htaccess” file, includes instructions for the various folders of a website.
The acronym “htaccess” refers to the HTTP access protocol, which is used to transfer websites. Let us follow the steps to edit the .htaccess file:
1. Log in to Cpanel
2. Select the “Files” option and click on the “File Manager” sub-option.
3. You can find the “.htaccess” file in the “public_html” folder. Select the “.htaccess” file.
4. Right-click on the file and select the “Edit” button.
5. You will enter the new page. 6. Here you can make necessary changes.
7. Then click on the “Save Changes” button on the top right side of the screen.
You may now change the.htaccess file in cPanel.We have a skilled team that takes great care of our consumers.As a result, you can simply contact them anytime you want assistance because they are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To check our latest web hosting plans, please visit our website and initiate a live chat.
Email filters are useful to create rules to block unwanted emails, based on certain rules you choose. You can specify some rules like a message containing a specific word should be deleted or passed to a specific program. These filters work subsequently, for example, if mail passes through a filter, but can be blocked by another filter. You can specify multiple rules in one filter too.
Through this user-level filter, you can create email filters, which will apply to emails that will be received by that email address.
Create a User Level Filter
To create a user-level email filter, follow these steps −
Open user-level email filters by clicking on the Email Filter found under the Email section of cPanel.
2. In Email Filters, you will see the list of emails associated with your domain. Click on the Manage Filter link corresponding to the email on which you want to create a filter.
3. Click on Create New Filter button to go to a new filter creation interface.
4. Provide a name for your filter.
5. Select rules for filtering your message. To add additional rules, click on Add (+) button on the right side, to remove rules click Subtract (–). Also, choose the ‘and’ or ‘or’ rule.
6. Select an Action for a message those passes to the rules of the filter. To add additional rules, click on Add (+) button on the right side, to remove rules click Subtract (–).
Webmail is a web-based email client, which allows you to access your emails through any browser or any computer. This is very helpful when you do not have access to the computer on which your email is set up, you can log in to your account from anywhere to read your emails and to quickly respond.
Follow these steps to log in to your webmail client −
1. log in to your cPanel and click on Email Accounts found under the Email section.
2. Click on Check Email for accessing the webmail account.
4. Choose any Webmail application. You can also set a default Webmail application, so whenever you log into your webmail, your default webmail application will automatically load.
5. You can also access other mail services we provide like Horde.
Access webmail directly
To access webmail directly without logging into cPanel, you can use the following steps −
Step 1 − Navigate to https://your–domain.com:2096 or https://webmail.your–domain.com through your browser’s address bar.
Step 2 − The webmail login screen will appear, Enter your Email and Password of your email account.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) allows you to manage your files with third-party applications like FileZilla, CoreFTP, etc. Using an FTP file manager to upload files is a great practice when the number of files or size of the files is large. FTP accounts configure users who can upload, download or modify your files through FTP. Each FTP user has his own username and home directory, only that certain directory the user will have access to.
To create an FTP account, please follow these steps −
Open the FTP accounts feature by clicking FTP accounts found under Files Section.
Add FTP Accounts 2.Enter a login name for your new user, it will be the user’s username, also provide a strong password for this user.
Step 3 − Enter Directory for your new user, you may also leave it with a pre-filled directory name according to your user.
Step 4 − Provide FTP storage quota, you may provide unlimited quota or use some value in Megabytes.
Step 5 − Click on Create FTP Account and Your FTP account will be created.
Softaculous is the leading Auto Installer having 380 great scripts, 1115 PHP Classes and we are still adding more. Softaculous is widely used in the Web Hosting industry and it has helped millions of users install applications by the click of a button. Softaculous Auto Installer easily integrates into leading Control Panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, H-Sphere.
Softaculous allows you to add a range of online apps to your website, such as forums, blogs, eCommerce shopping carts, picture galleries, and much more. Softaculous was founded in 2009 and has since grown in popularity in the web hosting market owing to the numerous benefits it provides to consumers.
Softaculous installation scripts provide a diverse set of web apps. Blogging, ad management, CRM, content management, customer care, eCommerce, ERP, and other categories are available through Softaculous. There are currently 380 Softaculous scripts available.
After inputting all of the required information, the installation procedure for any programme via Softaculous is meant to be as simple as one click. Applications may be downloaded via the specific application’s install tab
Softaculous automatically organizes the database configuration, web server files, user permissions and installation.
First let’s have a look at the main highlights of Softaculous that determine its popularity:
Easy to use
One click installation of applications
Over 380 scripts
Scripts are updated regularly
User friendly interface that is ideal for beginners
All installation settings can be modified through user interface
Backup and restore tool
Demo scripts available before you install them on the server
Great technical support and community forums
Softaculous allows you to install any program with a single click!’
Does this imply that installing Softaculous is likewise simple?
No, not really, but Softaculous has worked hard to make installation as simple as possible.
Basic understanding of Linux system administration will be useful if you install Softaculous on your own. Softaculous installation on the Linux platform may be as easy as three one-line commands.
On the other hand, if Softaculous is provided by your web hosting company, you don’t have to worry about installation.
How To Use Softaculous For Installing Applications?
To begin installing web apps with Softaculous, first log in to Softaculous via cPanel. On the left side of the screen, you will see a selection of programmes; choose one of them.
Softaculous has a policy of upgrading the programmes to match the most recent stable versions. Softaculous’ user settings allow the user to modify the language, the screen display of side menus, and the default time zone.
Let Others Know What You Think!
Softaculous does more than only install web applications:
It gives ‘See the Demo’ displays of various apps so that consumers may get an idea of how the online applications appear.
It allows users to evaluate and review programmes, as well as contribute more information to others to help them choose the best application.
If you want to deal with a variety of online apps, you must have Softaculous since it makes life easier! The one-click installation option saves a significant amount of time and work spent on integrating the application into your website.
This post will attempt to set up backups in cPanel. We all are aware that the system could go down at any time due to technical concerns. As a result, we must be prepared for such situations. We should back up our data regularly. Backups can be made and then downloaded to your local PCs.Let us see how to do it:
1. Log in to the cPanel account. 2. Click on the “Download a Full Website Backup” option.
3. After you download, the backup will be automatically saved into your account’s home directory. 4. You can also change the destination of the files to be saved. 5. Enter the Email address and click on “Generate Backup”.
6. You will see a message “Full Backup in Progress…”.
7. Click on the backup name as shown in the image given below, to download it.